An interactive wall with attractive wallcoverings is a real eye-catcher in any room. It also gives a pleasant challenge for children to get up and move. There is an interactive wall for children of any age and skill level, with an exciting time restriction, colorful climbing grips, or engaging sound effects.
But, a permanent interactive playground for kids would mean updates or modifications every now and then. Hence, MotionMagix has come up with this amazing PreSchool Indoor Play Equipment for kids. Setting us this interactive wall for your preschool indoor playground is very simple if you consider a few points.
Most schools already have the majority of the necessary equipment, but setting up a system is a little more complex, and there are a few questions that come up regularly when we discuss these systems with our customers. Hopefully, this information clarifies how interactive wall systems function and how you may include them in your classroom or school.
Things Required To Set Up an Interactive Wall for Indoor Playground
Three major components are required for an interactive wall projection system:
- Motion Sensors
- MagixSense – 2D Sensor
- PrimeSense or Kinect 360 – 3D Sensors
How To Place The Equipment?
The most precise area that approved 3D cameras can track is around 10′-12′ diagonally. 12′ is suggested for wall installations if you want the tracking to respond to thrown objects.
Camera and projector
Place the projector and camera around 12′ from the wall, higher than the tallest youngster standing. This will also aid in the control of shadows.
Depending on your mounting arrangement, you should either install the camera to the same bracket as the projector or to the lighting stand.
Because utilizing a USB extension cord for your 3D camera can cause latency, the computer must be between 4 – 6 feet from the projector and camera. Fortunately, there are numerous inventive ways to create a hanging laptop shelf.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can buy a laptop shelf made to clamp to a mounting stand and attach it to the same support that your projector is mounted to.
Steps To Install an Interactive Wall for Your Preschool Indoor Playground
The three important components are connected to each other in this format:
Sensor – Compute – Projector
The system can be set up in three ways:
Floor Board – The sensor must be installed in such a way that it is pointed towards the floor.
Wall Board – The sensor must be installed in such a way that it is behind the user or facing the user. Front sensing works only with 3D sensors.
Here are the steps to setting up the interactive floor setup:
- Download the software from www. Motionmagix.com and install it on the system.
- After successful installation, restart the system.
- If you use a Kinect camera, you have to install additional software, ‘Kinect for windows v1’. You can install them from the website of the windows app store.
- Once we have all the softwares installed, we will start the motiomagix software and type in the login credential.
- Then you will have to undergo the system calibration process.
- If you are using a 3D sensor, you can calibrate it using ‘auto calibration.’ For a 2D sensor, you will have to calibrate it manually.
- Once the projection area is selected, choose the suitable algorithm, ‘MagixFloor’ or ‘MagixWall.’
- Click on the ‘Initialize’ Button.
- Go to ‘Scheduler’ to run the content.
Points To Remember While setting up Interactive Wall or Floor.
- First, you will need to install the MotionMagix Pro software. You will need a good and stable internet connection to do that on your Windows computer.
- Select the right intensity of the projector depending on the size of the room.
- The flooring must be white in color or any other lighter shade.
Now that you know how to set up the interactive wall for the preschool indoor playground, prepare your classroom for more interactive learning and gaming.