Accounting software such as QuickBooks offers innumerable benefits to small and mid-sized businesses. QuickBooks streamlines your business accounting, keeps your transactions accurate, and automates most of your daily operations. However, what if QuickBooks Desktop’s functions are damaged? In this case, your accounting software will not be of any use to you. The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool completely removes QuickBooks installation files and folders from your desktop. Using this tool, you can reinstall the program to your system again and maintain your daily accounting operations.
Here is a list of errors that were fixed by the QuickBooks clean install tool
Various installation and damaged folder issues can be resolved with the tool. This tool can easily fix the following hand-picked errors:-
- QuickBooks freezing Up Issue
- QuickBooks error 1722
- QuickBooks Error 1311
- QuickBooks error code 1603
- QuickBooks error 1618
- Error 1723
- QuickBooks error 1336
- QuickBooks error 1612
- Error 1310
- QuickBooks error 1328
What Does QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Do?
Using this tool, you must uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, rename the installation file, and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop to repair damaged functionality. In this blog, you will learn how QuickBooks Clean Install Tool works in simple yet detailed steps.
Step 1- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- You can view the Run command by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Click OK in the Control Panel
- Optionally select programs and features
- Make sure to follow the given steps: Program list > QuickBooks > Uninstall.
- When it prompts you to finish the process, do it
Step 2- Rename the Installation Folders
The installation folders need to be renamed before you can proceed. Using the Clean Install Tool or manually renaming the installation folders is an option.
A). Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool after downloading it
As soon as the renaming of the folder is successful, run the QB Clean Install Tool. To complete the action, follow these steps:
- Save QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.exe to your computer.
- Open the QuickBooks Clean Install exe file now.
- To proceed, select the QuickBooks Desktop version and click on it
- A message will appear stating that QuickBooks is ready to perform a clean installation
- Complete the task by pressing OK
B). Manually rename desktop folders
For the Windows version of QuickBooks, rename the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders’ to reveal hidden files, then rename the ‘folder location’ for the hidden files. The addition of Old or Damaged words can prevent QuickBooks from recognizing the folder and creating a new one.
C). When This Error Message Reflects- “The Access Denied While Renaming the Folders.”
- Select Task Manager from the Windows TaskBar by right-clicking
- Select the Image Name column header under the Processes Tab to sort processes alphabetically.
- Choose QBDBMr.exe from the list of executables. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe, and then click End.
- You may end up with data loss and system instability if a Warning message appears. Click Yes.
Step 3- Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Now you can download and install QuickBooks Desktop. The clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop has been completed. I hope this information is sufficient to use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows.