Jira tool is a proprietary issue tracking system through which you can also enhance sprints, manage apps, and increase deliveries. It has been functioning successfully since 2002 and has been able to provide a robust issue-tracking solution to users. Monday com software is a collaborative cloud-based platform. It has been around since 2012 and can be used to manage digital assets, collaborate for teamwork, and app development.
This Jira tool vs Monday com demo guide will list the latest features to help you understand how they can enhance your product management.
1. Board Management
When your work is constantly moving, you need management tools that are equally efficient. The Jira tool supports tasks through visual boards. You will find two sturdy options. The reliable Kanban board will help you stay ahead of task deadlines, import information regarding task dependencies, or keep up with milestones.
Next comes the Scrum board so you can split your assignments into manageable tasks, assign them to team members, and pace up deliveries. Combined, the two will help you manage the overall task delivery.
Being able to see where your work is headed is a crucial part of issue tracking. Therefore, you can create a roadmap by adding all the details like task completion dates or upcoming tasks. It will support members every day as they start working by providing a comprehensive context for what has been done and what needs to be performed in the future. There are many ways through which the roadmaps feature enhances your business success rate:
- The single view interface will provide quick access to initiatives at a glance. It will motivate the team to align with the bigger picture.
- You can manage task dependencies and prevent any issues that may occur in the future. You can prevent the entire plan from falling apart due to a small error.
- You can maintain team capacity to ensure that individuals are assigned tasks based on their workload. It will further encourage teams to focus on their scope rather than getting overwhelmed.
In order to be able to track issues, you naturally require reports and insights. The Jira tool lets you make quick data-driven decisions by providing access to high-end and dynamic reports. There are quite a few benefits of the reports:
- You can plan sprints that are aligned with your vision and make sure that they are deliverable.
- You can stay on your target during the sprint to make sure that the sprint is completed on time.
- You can also optimize the delivery pipeline with deployment frequency as well as insights.
The Jira demo is a weekly program that can be accessed by filling in a simple form available on the website. In addition to the demo, users will also be provided with an opportunity for live Q&A to understand the product better.
The Jira pricing supports four options including free, standard, premium, and enterprise. The standard costs $7, the premium is billed for $14, and the cost of the enterprise is based on your team details.
Managing digital assets is a crucial part of heightened performance. The document function does not only provide the option to import data to the Monday interface but users can make live edits to the documents. You can share comments with each other and turn comments into actionable tasks. While working, you can also move your text around without disrupting the other editors. The Monday software documents are a dynamic tool so you can bring the context on board too. You can add videos, images, and dashboards to manage all the information in one go. Since your comments are listed as actionable tasks, you can execute them thoroughly. The documents offered on Monday can do much more:
- Stay on top of your tasks by creating checklists and editing them as your work shifts.
- You can share ideas with the team and brainstorm to come up with the most optimal plan.
- It functions as a flexible canvas with the possibility for detailed ideation.
- Users can utilize it to record meeting notes and make sure all details are saved.
Daily task management requires a lot of manual effort and can be time-consuming too. To avoid wasting time and avoid errors, you can opt for automated tasks. With automation, you can rest assured that tasks are assigned to relevant team members before due dates so that tasks are completed at the right time. Additionally, you can request task updates to make sure that everything is moving according to the plan.
With the Monday software, your possibilities are endless. You can integrate management tools including Google Calendar, Slack, Excel, Gmail, and many more.
Another feature that brings cohesion to agile teams is the file function. You can use files to make live annotations as well as integrate files to simplify workflows. It is essential that you are able to frame your work through details that define it. Thus, the Monday software files function can be utilized to consolidate all your data. Files can even perform the following functions:
- Help you collaborate with your team members so you do not have to leave the software for updates or feedback.
- Each version of the file is saved and organized to help you access the current version within seconds.
- You can directly use tools like Photoshop or Adobe DC to expand your options for editing the type of files you are working on.
The Monday.com pricing is split into five options. The cost of the basic option is $8, the standard option costs $10, and the pro is billed for $16. The enterprise plan can be used to apply features across the organization while maintaining security and governance overall. Users can apply automation and integration across the organization. Moreover, you can generate analytics and reports that are as advanced as your projects.