For all these years, we have been following the traditional learning method. In this style, we sit in a classroom full of students and learn directly from our teacher. It is the most effective way of teaching, as in this we get to learn things, share our thoughts with our fellow mates, and clear our doubts then and there. We have been happy with this educational method and have never thought of any other learning method. But the COVID-19 pandemic has changed things completely. Now the students are learning virtually from their phones and laptops. As it is out of the box, the students start encountering problems learning and giving online exams. Many even started to think, “Is there someone who can take my online exam?” It’s normal to experience similar emotions. This article will provide you with a piece of advice on how to pay attention in an online class.
- Keep yourself erect: As we see in a classroom, there are only two or three people who sit up vertically. The rest of them either take support from the bench or lie on their bags. This is a commonly observed scenario in all schools. Learners need to understand that good body posture plays an important role in learning. Therefore, it is recommended that students begin to sit straight without taking support from anything. It helps in the proper flow of blood, and you can have good concentration. This way, you can understand things earlier.
- Avoid eating huge meals: If you want to be an active listener in your online class, then you must avoid eating heavy meals. You must think that since you are not going to school, you can eat whatever you want. However, whether you are in a classroom or learning from home, you must always eat light, healthy, and nutritious food. Eating light before the classes will keep you awake for a longer time, or else you might end up sleeping in the class. Some of the good breakfast options are eating overnight oatmeal, sandwiches, boiled eggs, smoothies, and any cereals with milk.
- Frequently take breaks: Taking frequent breaks between classes is a tried-and-true method for remaining attentive in class for an extended period. Whatever the procedure you follow, if you miss out on taking breaks, then you will easily get bored. While taking breaks, do not just strategize using your phone or watching television. You must consider this time as your study interval and do something related to that. You can meditate, do some yoga postures, or go for a short walk to refresh yourself. A scheduled interval time must be between 15-20 minutes, not more than that.
- Consume fruit juices: Fruit juices are a great source of energy. So, if you are a student studying in an online class, then you must take your favorite liquid in between studies. Whether you like it or not, you must consider taking this frequently to boost your body. You can also take caffeine as it also gives you instant energy.
- Sleep properly: The current pandemic situation has badly disrupted our daily lives. We have nothing to do and as a result, we all got addicted to our cell phones. Especially the students spend most of their daytime watching movies on their phones. Some of them are so obsessed that they spend half or all their nights on the phone, having no time for sleep. If you do not sleep properly, then you will be lazy throughout the day, and you cannot concentrate on studying. This can result in losing grades. So, you should sleep properly at night to avoid sleeping during the day. As a teenager, you can have 8 hours of sleep, and as a kid below 12 years of age, you must have at least 9 hours of sleep.
- Short nap: Many of us think that sleeping after lunch is not a good thing. It is true that you should not sleep, but you can take a power nap for 20 to 30 minutes instead. Taking a short nap will energize your mind and make you feel ready to learn.
- Go for professional assistance: Do you find all these tricks hard to follow? Are you wondering if I can pay someone to take my online class? As a budding student and new to this learning method, it is okay to have such thoughts. At first, you will face hurdles, but over time, you will surely achieve success. You might also feel like giving up at some point, however, remember that you are not alone in this situation.
If you want to be active in online classes for a longer time, then make sure that you follow all the above tips. Of all the things, make sure your seating arrangement is suitable for learning. If you are in a distracting environment, you will be unable to focus despite your best efforts.